Jim was appointed as Village Manager of the Village of Johnstown in December of 2010. Previously, he served as Johnstown’s Village Planner. Jim received his masters degree in Public Affairs from Park University in 2011 and his bachelors degree from Muskingum University in 2003. He also has worked for the Licking County Planning Commission and the Town of Warrenton, Virginia. Jim is an active board member for Grow Licking County and Licking County United Way. He also serves on the Licking Memorial Health Systems Development Council. He and his family reside in Johnstown. You may connect with Jim on LinkedIn.
The mission of the Administration Department is to provide the residents of the Village with quality public services in an efficient and effective manner that is accomplished by forming cooperative partnerships with public, private and civic organizations.
The Administration Department includes the offices of the Village Manager, Zoning Inspector and the Administrative Assistant.
The Village Manager is the Chief Administrative and Law Enforcement Officer for the Village of Johnstown. Duties of the Village Manager include the following:
- Manage all Village employees and related human resource matters;
- Direct and supervise all of the activities of all Village departments;
- Attend and participate in all Council meetings, but has no voting authority;
- Enforce all Village laws, Charter provisions, and legislation of the Village;
- Advise Council of the financial condition and future needs of the Village;
- Maintain and make available all public records of the Village;
- Provide status reports to Council of all department and commission activities;
- Provide support services for Council, departments and commissions;
- Execute on behalf of the Village all contracts for goods, services, and related Village business;
- Provide services to residents in the community and other duties as assigned.
The provision of outstanding community services and attracting beneficial development are priorities of the Village Manager. Whether you are a resident, a member of the business community, a visitor or just passing through, please contact the Village Manager if you have any questions or need assistance.